Tragic! Housewife Dies In Cooking Gas Explosion, Husband Injured In Kwara


A housewife identified as Mrs. Adeola Adewale has been killed by a cooking gas explosion which occurred on Monday morning in Kwara.

The sad incident occurred in Omu-Aran, headquarters of the Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The incident, according to the state Fire Service, occurred at Tabernacle 2c Area, Egbe Garage in Omu-Aran, when the woman was preparing food for her family.

However, her husband, who was also trapped by the explosion in the kitchen, was saved by the quick response of the firemen who arrived at the scene on time.

Head of Media and Publicity of the state Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle, who confirmed the incident, said the gas explosion caused the building to be engulfed in fire while the sitting room, the kitchen and the dinning room were mostly affected.

“The terrible incident, which eventually claimed the life of the victim woman, occurred today, at about 10:35hrs while she was trying to prepare her family food.

“Firemen were able to put the situation under control on time and saved the victim’s husband who had also been trapped inside the fire explosion.

“Report says the building areas affected by the fire generated from the gas explosion were sitting room, kitchen and dining.”

He said firemen took the husband of the woman who was also severely injured in the incident to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.

Adekunle said that the Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade Olumuyiwa, charged the general public, particularly women, to go and learn the correct practice of using cooking gas cylinder.


Related Post

Short URL:

Posted by on Nov 2 2022. Filed under National. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

News Rangers TV

Recent Gallery Slideshow

Photo Gallery

Designed by News Rangers ICT Department