Public Health Experts Debunk COVID-19 Misinformation In Nigeria

LAGOS AUGUST 13TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Nigeria, there has been an overwhelming amount of information on social media, websites and mainstream media about the virus. The increased access to information has led to a proliferation in sources of information, with the consequence that it has enabled the spread of misinformation…

Read Full News

“Boko Haram Already Infiltrated Southern Nigeria, Planning To Spark Civil War”

LAGOS AUGUST  12TH (NEWSRANGERS)-A former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Dr. Obadiah Mailafia, says repentant terrorists revealed that a serving northern governor is a Boko Haram leader. Mailafia said this on ‘Morning Crossfire’ programme on Nigeria Info Abuja 95.1FM on Monday. The former CBN deputy governor said he had a chat with…

Read Full News

Diezani Madueke Speaks From Hideout, Says ‘Yahoo Boys Are Now Role Models In Nigeria’

LAGOS AUGUST 10TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, has lamented that internet fraudsters, popularly known as Yahoo Boys, have become role models in Nigerian society. The former said this at the weekend while delivering a lecture at a virtual event organised by the Ijaw National Development Group. The former minister said,…

Read Full News

Nigeria Govt Moves To Ban Civil Servants From Using Social Media

LAGOS AUGUST 10TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Worried over the spate of official Government documents leakages, the Federal Government is seriously considering regulating or placing an outright ban on all civil servants from social media participation. Describing civil servants’ participation on social media as “improper,” the Government in a memo said, social media participation should instead be supportive of…

Read Full News

SERAP Urges World Bank To Scrutinise Spending Of $114.28m Covid-19 Grant For Nigeria

LAGOS AUGUST 10TH (NEWSRANGERS)-The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, (SERAP) has sent a letter to the World Bank President, David Malpass, urging him to demand that the Nigerian government account for the spending of $114.28million grant for COVID-19. Malpass was also asked to put pressure on governors to accept voluntary scrutiny by Nigerians and civil…

Read Full News

Boko Haram Wreaking Great Damage Despite Offensive, Chad President Cries Out

LAGOS AUGUST 10TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Chad’s President Idriss Deby said Saturday that Boko Haram jihadists would continue to wreak havoc in the Lake Chad region despite a huge military offensive against the group earlier this year. Lake Chad — a marshy region dotted with islands near the border of Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon — has been battered…

Read Full News

Federal Govt Spends N14bn On N-Power, School Feeding In Jigawa

LAGOS AUGUST 9TH (NEWSRANGERS)-The Federal Government has, in 16 cycles’ disbursement, spent N9.074billion on Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) and another N5.178billion on School Feeding Programme from inception in 2017 till date in Jigawa. Bala Chamo, the state Coordinator, Social Investments Programme (SIP), who made this known at a news conference in Dutse on Saturday said…

Read Full News