Migrants Trapped In Ceuta Say ‘I’d Rather Die Here Than Return To Morocco’

LAGOS AUGUST 17TH (NEWSRANGERS)-At the end of July, between 70,000 and 80,000 people crossed into the enclave from neighbouring Morocco. Most have since left, but Jimenez said thousands remain in Ceuta, including large numbers of children. Many of those still stranded are asylum seekers from countries including Sudan, Yemen, Chad, Mali and Egypt. Some migrants…

Read Full News

Spain, Italy Clash Over Border Controls

LAGOS AUGUST 9TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Spain has threatened to take “proportional measures” if Italy continues border controls on travelers from that country by Sunday. Rome last Saturday reintroduced border controls with Spain, temporarily suspending the Schengen Agreement that permits passport-free travel across 29 countries in Europe. Italy’s move followed by the mass arrival of unauthorized migrants into…

Read Full News

Death Toll Of Border Rush Hits 100 As Thousands Of Migrants Remain In Spanish Territory

LAGOS AUGUST 8TH (NEWSRNAGERS)-Between 3,000 and 5,000 migrants remain in Ceuta after hordes of mostly military-aged men rushed into the Spanish enclave from Morocco late last month, Ceuta’s president said Thursday. While speaking from a video call during an extraordinary session of the European Parliament’s Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, Ceuta President…

Read Full News

Nine Dead As Thousands Of Migrants Breach Border Fence Crossing From Morocco To Spain

LAGOS JULY 31ST (NEWSRANGERS)-Spain will deploy its military to restore order at its border with Morocco in Ceuta after thousands of migrants streamed into the tiny Spanish territory, with at least nine dying in the attempt. The announcement came after local authorities in Ceuta had asked the central government in Madrid for reinforcements to manage…

Read Full News