Three Almajirai Burnt To Death In A Hut In Adamawa


LAGOS JULY 10TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Three almajirai at the Sabon Pegi Sangaya area of Shagari Ward in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State have been burnt to death after fire was ignited from a mosquito repellant on Friday night.

Malam Abubakar Usman, owner of the Sangaya school where the victims were studying, confirmed to our correspondent that the three died due to fire which was kindled from a mosquito repellant.

He explained that the victims, Ismaila Muhammadu (12) and Yusuf Abubakar (13) died instantly, while 17-year-old Mustapha Ahmadu died on Saturday morning at the Modibbo Adama Teaching Hospital (MAUTH), Yola.

He said, “It was around 11pm when we had already gone to bed and one of the kids came crying. We rushed to see that one of the huts was on fire and we decided to put out the fire; that was when we saw two dead almajirai in the burnt hut.”

A father to one of the deceased, Muhammed Bello Sabon Gari, described the incident as the will of Allah.

He sympathised with the almajiri teacher and urged him to be patient with the fathers of his wards.

Also speaking, Garba Ayuba Farang, who also lost a child in the fire, expressed sadness and lamented that he never sent anything to his child due to hardship.

The deceased have all been buried according to Islamic rites.


Related Post

Short URL:

Posted by on Jul 10 2023. Filed under National. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

News Rangers TV

Recent Gallery Slideshow

Photo Gallery

Designed by News Rangers ICT Department