Plateau: Peter Obi Condemns Bokkos Killings As Death Rate Rises Above 40

LAGOS APRIL 4TH (NEWSRNAGERS)-As the death toll in Bokkos killings rises, Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 presidential election, has raised concern over the increasing spate of insecurity in many parts of the country.

On the night of Wednesday, April 2, 2025, armed men invaded five communities in the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, killing 10 people.

By Thursday, over 40 bodies had been recovered in the Local Government Area as additional bodies were reportedly found.

Reacting to the tragedy, Obi condemned the ‘senseless attacks’ on families in Bokkos communities.

“I woke up this morning reading about yet another gory and deeply distressing report from Bokkos, Plateau State. Entire families have, again, been slaughtered in yet another senseless attack. Children and pregnant women were not spared.

“Five communities in Bokkos, Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai have been left in mourning, forced to bury their loved ones in mass graves.

“How long will these killings, kidnapping, maiming and criminality continue in our nation that is not at war? How long must we wait to act decisively and focus on this drastic situation that is crippling our nation? How many more must die before the government act for the people?” he queried.

The former Governor of Anambra State said killings and kidnapping are becoming normal occurrences, adding that insecurity is so rife in the country that Nigerians now live in fear.

“We are now normalizing mass killings and mass burials as a way of life in our nation. Every Nigerian life is sacred, whether in Edo State, Benue, Enugu, Borno, Anambra, Ondo, or Plateau.

Communities now live in fear and no longer have a livelihood, either in their farms or in their markets, without being killed, kidnapped, and maimed. Communities like Bokkos in Plateau, Jato-Aka in Benue, Eha-Amufu in Enugu, Ufuma in Anambra, and Aba Oyinbo in Ondo deserve government protection,” Obi said.

He, therefore, called on the Federal Government to “end this grief and terror, as this is becoming extremely unacceptable.”

“The government and security agencies must ensure that these killings are stopped, concrete steps are made to prevent future occurrences, and those arrested face the justice they deserve,” he stated.

Vanguard News

For media advert placement, events coverage, media consultancy, placement of publications and further inquiries please WhatsApp 2348023773039 or email: labakevwe@yahoo.com

 

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION TO SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS:

Short URL: https://newsrangers.com/?p=134395

Posted by on Apr 4 2025. Filed under National. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Photo Gallery

Designed by News Rangers ICT Department
RSS
Follow by Email
YouTube
LinkedIn
Share
Instagram
Telegram